Thursday, August 26, 2010

Hairy Scary Times

I have never liked my hair. When I was a little girl my mom always had it cut in what was called the"pixie" cut, short as can be. My hair is so thin and fine, so there is very little I can do with it. For the most part I have always had bangs because of a birthmark that I have on my forehead. I was very determined to keep my hair covering up that ugly red mark on my forehead but now I have let my bangs grow out and I am proudly displaying that red mark (ok, sometimes I cover it up with foundation). Through the years I have had the dreaded perms which caused me to look like I had an afro and completely frizzed out my hair, then I had the oh so popular Farrah Fawcett haircut and dyed my hair blonde. Last year my daughter-in-law talked me into dying my hair black. We were down in the States at the time and there I was in the hotel room, with black dye everywhere! But my hair was BLACK! A totally different look for me and the cutest thing was when my granddaughter woke up in the morning and she asked me if I was her Nana. When I put her to bed I had blonde hair and then when she wakes up I have black hair. Can't blame her for being confused. After I tired of the black, I went to the Salon to have my hair dyed back to a light brown with red highlights, and then I was back to the box dyes, as blonde as I could get. Then, last weekend I decided to steer my car into the First Choice parking lot and when I went in and they said what can we do for you, I said, "I want my hair as blonde as you can get it, white almost"! Ok, so I sat down and they bleached my hair and as I sat there I could feel that bleach bubbling on my scalp and it was burning. I mentioned it to the hairdresser but she said that it was normal for the bleach to do that so I suffered in silence. I also ended up with a bag on my head and being put under the hair dryer for a period of time as well. OUCH! Finally the ordeal was over and I did indeed have very bleached blonde hair but I also had burn marks all over my scalp! Have I learned my lesson, who knows, probably not. I should just let my hair go now and in no time at all I would have gray hair! It's very hilhairous indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment